Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Remember When...?"



Anyone who knows me often hears the phrase, "Remember when...?" Garrett and I spent the winter saying, "Remember this time last year when I was pregnant and we went sledding down the street after the blizzard, and I ran into a parked car?", "Remember this time last year when you were pregnant and we ate Carl's JR at the park 3 times in one week because we got coupons, and now you associate that restaurant with pregnancy and hate it?", "Remember this time last year when I first felt the baby kick and a month or so later you felt her too?" Well now I'm remembering this time last year and I'm about to cry because it's my last day saying I was pregnant this time last year. April 12 was the last night I went to bed as a childless woman. Within the next 24 hours my identity changed and I became a mother. I was suddenly in charge of someone else's every single need. That tiny baby needed me to survive. This last year has been more fulfilling than I ever would have guessed it last April 12. I have grown and changed so much since then. I am so grateful for every moment I have spent being a mom for a year.

No comments: