Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Go!"

I forgot to mention one very important part of the birthday. Lydia was being held by Grandpa Sullivan and was not too happy about it, so not happy about it that she took her first steps in order to get away from him! (This is not to say that my Dad's grandpa skills are lacking, she is just easily frightened by men.) It was a wonderful moment, one that I'm so glad I got to be part of since I see so little of my niece. Well that got us thinking, if Lydia can do it, is Rebekah ready? So we tried, and that girl took her first steps minutes after Lydia! These girls are going to be best friends, reaching every milestone together, having joint birthday parties, and everything else a girl could want in a cousin with such a small age gap as 6 days! I'm so lucky to have been able to share something so wonderful as pregnancy with my sister. We are 6 years apart so it has been really good for our relationship to be able to talk about our babies together and to finally understand the other's situation a little better. It's like we're on the same level now, and I'm loving the friendship we are forming.


Anyway, walking baby. So tonight, less than a month later, she's still been taking only about 3 steps on her own, but she does enjoy her little walker-toy-thing. Not sure what they're called, but Bekah calls it "go", so that's what I call it! Tonight we went over to Chelsey and Cody's new apartment (which is so beautiful and amazing! I'm so happy for them!) and we all got Bekah excited and had her walking back and forth till she sat down and cried from exhaustion. But before that, we had fun. And man was she walking! I don't know how many steps she took without assistance, but it was tons! I am so proud of how smart and healthy my little girl is, but it's a tiny bit hard to look at her and see that she's leaving baby-hood and entering toddlerhood.






2 comments:

CHELSEY! said...

She is growing up so fast! I can't believe how good she is walking now. She is so cute!

KristyAnn said...

I always thought motherhood created excellent opportunities for shared experiences with sisters. Becca is adorable. I sure enjoyed holding her at the graduation!