Friday, October 4, 2013

Alexander

On August first, I woke at 5 am (after tossing and turning in nervous anticipation) and got ready to go to the hospital. by 7:10 I was all checked in and ready to be induced. I wanted to put off the epidural as long as I could because it seemed like with Bekah it really slowed me down. Well around 1 pm I gave in and asked for the juice. Oh sweet heaven! It worked like a charm this time (it didn't go well with my first labor) and I was able to take a short nap from 2:15-2:45. At 3 I started pushing and at 3:50 he was here!! I was so in love from the moment he was born. With Bekah I kind of didn't know what to expect, but this time I was prepared and my arms ached to hold him as soon as he was delivered! They handed him to me and I just started crying in amazement. I love how it feels to meet my child for the first time and know immediately that I would give my life for him!
It all went so smoothly and quickly compared to last time, and it was nice that it happened from morning till afternoon rather than middle of one night till the middle of the next! I felt so good after it! I had the chills a tiny bit, but part of that was just excitement. Chelsey and Cody brought Bekah at about 5 and then Dynelle, Camille, and Brett made a surprise visit! They were so sweet to drive up and meet my baby the day he was born. They kept apologizing and saying they hoped they weren't overwhelming me, but I was on an adrenaline high and was just so excited to have more people there to admire my gorgeous son!

Ready to strip down to my exposure gown!



So much curly hair! He was 8 lbs 4 oz and 20.5 inches long






Our first photo as a family of four! Garrett and Bekah are wearing their USU shirts because Garrett said that it was game day. Looks like we won!








No comments: