Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rebekah June Brinkerhoff

So last time I left this blog in kind of a bad mood, which I feel is excusable considering the circumstances. I return to the blog with good news: she did end up coming that day! It was amazing. First I had to let the contractions start up again, then they had to get stronger, then finally at 10:30 AM we went to the hospital. Garrett said he wasn't nervous but I could tell he was. At 11:30 the Dr. came and broke my water and I slowly started dilating more and more. But too slowly, so they had to help me out. Also, my epidural didn't work so they had to redo it which was fun. It was a long day of epidurals, drugged naps, and extreme hunger. It got to the point where I stopped focusing on the baby and started thinking, "Let's get this baby out so I can eat!" Finally, at 8:30 PM, I was told I was ready to start pushing. I agreed. Garrett was an awesome coach. From all he had said throughout the pregnancy, I had expected him to stand off to the side and just pat my shoulder. But he was there the whole time, very involved and very supportive. I could not have done without him. He helped me to laugh and relax between contractions, which was a good thing since I had to push for over 2 hours! At 10:48 PM on April 13 Rebekah June made her appearance. Garrett, the very involved birth coach of mine, changed his mind last second and decided to cut the cord. Then, after catching a photo of the baby, he ran to the hall to tell everyone about his daughter.

8 lbs 5 oz + 20 inches = no room in mom's belly, hence the habit of keeping the legs stretched out
Notice the sandwich. I was so hungry!
Awesome Logan family that came to visit literally within an hour of the birth.

3 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I love this story so much. Especially the part where you agreed that you should push, ha ha! I love that you included how sweet Garrett was during all of it, you are the best! I can't wait to see more pictures of the beautiful baby you two made :)

CHELSEY! said...

You worked hard for that baby and we are so glad she is here! You are so great at writing and I like the pics :)

Jess said...

YAY! EMILY IS FINALLY BLOGGING! Also, cute baby!