Wednesday, August 6, 2014

February

February. Still stressed. Still making it. Garrett and I were trading off between school all day and he was working at night. We were counting down the days to graduation with excitement but also sadness. We were terrified to move away from our Watkins family. But time kept marching on.

Xander asleep at Chelsey's when I got home from school. 6 months old now!

He went through a phase where he had to hold onto my hair to be able to fall asleep. It lasted for about a month.


Ross was blessed the first of the month and family came up to visit! Always exciting! We went and saw Reindeer. They were big, and the kids thought it was great. It snowed on us the whole time and we all got soaked!






Bekah and Garrett went sledding several times this winter.


Garrett took us to see the Great Salt Lake for some family time. It was really nice just to have an unrushed trip where we just spent time together. And it was really beautiful. Bekah was amazed at the buffalo.







We did a small hike to an overlook and Xander fell asleep in my arms. Sometimes people offer to take my children for me, but I almost always decline because the weight of them in my arms is one of the best feelings in this world!


Chelsey had one of the best birthdays ever. We all went to Dynelle's house and did a party for Chelsey, Ally, and Jacob. Chelsey got silly string and we decided to play the game where you think of something then go around the room and the person to guess correctly becomes "it". Well, she waited and waited till finally she got to Garrett. I don't think he got the answer right, but he sure got covered in silly string. Look at the joy on her face! (And the displeasure brewing just under the surface of Garrett's face.)

Sometimes I cuddle both my kids at the same time. And Bekah loves to pretend she's a baby. Holding both my children close makes my heart feel content!

No comments: