Tuesday, November 25, 2014

June


June came and it got warmer, but we were still handling it. Garrett worked hard every day and I allowed myself a little bit of time to relax. You'd think that with all the new free time I had, I would have had a clean house and I would have caught up on my projects, but no, I just did the minimum and enjoyed the free time!

Sarah gave Xander this adorable outfit. I love it! He's so handsome!

We spent a Sunday afternoon at the Mesa temple enjoying the grass, the trees, and the temple. 




To beat the heat, we headed up to the mountains. We had to drive like 3 hours before we were high enough to feel less hot. Also, we only got to stay one night, so that was sad... But totally worth it! I love camping with my kiddos. Xander walked around eating dirt while we set up the tent, and Bekah got right into searching for rocks and sticks.





Before it got too hot out, I would take the kids jogging with me. We always ended at the small park nearby.





My kitchen in AZ was so big that I had several empty cupboards. Xander found one and it became his regular hang-out. He dragged some books and toys there. It was big enough that Bekah would get in there with him and shut the door. I'd hear lots of giggling which would turn into screaming and I'd have to intervene, but it was fun for a moment!





We had to drive pretty far to find grass and trees, but we did it a few times. We found a really nice park that even had huge shade structures over the play equipment. Bekah thinks picnics are magical, so we had lots of fun doing picnics at the park, in the living room, in her room, and even out in our backyard in 100 degree weather.

No comments: