Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CAUTION: Icy Bridge Ahead

Unfortunately for the man on his bicycle this morning, there was not a caution sign near the bridge. I was driving home from work at 6am and on my way I crossed a tiny little bridge. There had been an extremely dense fog all night and as a consequence, the roads were coated in a fine layer of moisture, which had frozen on the bridge. The man on the bicycle was riding with his hands in his pockets to keep them warm, when all of a sudden his bicycle slid out from underneath him! I hit the brakes to make sure he was alright but slid forward several feet instead. Realizing that he was alright and that I would just further embarrass him by asking if he was okay, I just watched him in my mirrors as he got up, walked his bike to the end of the bridge and then continued on his way. Relieved, I too continued. Suddenly the hilarity of the situation hit me and I laughed out loud for the rest of the ten minute drive home. And I am laughing out loud again!

No comments: