Friday, August 3, 2012

Bekah

Sometimes my baby gets too tired to eat. Isn't that adorable?



Dynelle gave her a dress for her birthday. These next pictures are her opening the package and then being very excited to be in the dress. She loves the dress!





She loves, loves, LOVES blankets! We end up with about 6 blankets spread out around the house each day.
And each blanket gets an amazing amount of love from her.


She sat there on Garrett's legs feeling like a big girl for about 5 minutes. It's amazing the amount of
self-control a toddler can have when it's something she's interested in!


This week she learned how to go "boneless" as I call it. She will start walking a different way than I want her to so I grab her hand and she suddenly flops limply on the ground. I have to tug on her hand to make sure she doesn't hit her head on anything. 

Rebekah has been laving a language explosion for about 3 months now. My parents came and stayed with us for a week and my Mom decided to try to keep track of all the new words Rebekah attempted while she was there. We lost track after 5 days and 15 words. Seriously, she loves talking! She imitated her first two-word-phrase: "Bye Daddy" and said one spontaneously: "Hi Buppa". She was so cute with my parents. My poor mom was here for 8 days and spent tons of time on the floor reading to Bekah, playing with her, talking to her, but Bekah wouldn't say "Nana" and she took forever to decide to smooch her. My dad, on the other hand, terrified her at first. She didn't want to go near him but by the end of the second evening she decided he was pretty cool and wen to him and gave him a smooch. As she walked away grinning, she decided that wasn't enough so she went back to him for another!

We had a really fun week with my parents. We took them hiking, swimming at Bear Lake, we played lots of games, and we watched the amazing firework show that Logan city provided on the 4th of July. It was so fun to have them here with us!










No comments: